Rakuten.com is an e-commerce marketplace based in Aliso Viejo, California. Previously known as Buy.com, it was founded in 1997 by Scott Blum. In 2010, it was purchased by Japanese company Rakuten, and rebranded as Rakuten.com.
What is Rakuten.com price adjustment?
Price adjustment, also known as price protection, refers to the retail sales policy that grants customers a partial refund of cash or credit when the price of a purchased item decreases in a given time frame.
To qualify for Rakuten.com’s Best Price Guarantee, please make sure you meet the following conditions:
- The item is in stock, shipped, and sold by a retailer from our list of Qualified Internet Retailers
- The item was not purchased as part of a Rakuten Super Points™ promotion
- The item is not part of the Rakuten.com Super Sale, Rakuten.com Marathon, Black Friday Sale, Cyber Monday Sale, or Cyber Week Sale
- The item did not have a coupon, promo code, or Rakuten Super Points™ applied to it
- The request is for a maximum of 3 of the same product, shipped to the same address
- You have not made more than 3 requests within a 30 day period
- The price difference is no greater than $100.00 per request
- The price was listed within 14 days prior to your order being delivered, or 14 days after your order was delivered
Price adjustments are not the same as item returns. When an item is returned, it typically must be unused and unopened to qualify for legitimate cash or credit return. Price adjustments are available regardless of whether an item has been used. The only caveat to this money-saving policy is that companies offering price adjustments don’t notify customers when prices drop, so the onus is on the customer to stay vigilant in order to receive any potential money back.
How will I know when Rakuten.com prices drop?
Stores don’t let customers know when prices drop – even if it’s within the customer’s rights to receive a refund in accordance with their price adjustment policy. If smart shoppers want to ensure they don’t miss out on refunds for the items they buy, they have to meticulously track their every purchase, scour websites, and visit stores daily to catch price drops they can take advantage of. Clearly this is a lot of work, and shoppers are almost certain to miss out on savings. Fortunately, there’s a better way. Moolah tracks the purchases you make through your email, automatically collects your refund, and returns it to you if a price is adjusted. It’s your easiest money-back hack!